Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Package

This is a package I made for Susan Honey's grocery store in Kanab. It was a piece I was hired to do for Kane county to promote the tourism in Kanab. It's one of my better packages I've created for them, and I'm still proud of it.

(While this video is posted to the Kane county youtube channel, it is part of my film reel. If you need proof I can bring in a drive with undoctored footage and a premiere pro file.)



In the video I wanted to show how relatable and friendly the people in Kanab were, and I couldn't think of anybody better than Susan Honey. In all honesty she is one of the nicest people I know and she was perfect for this package. As for the B-roll, I wanted to showcase the beauty of Kanab, as well as Honey's Marketplace. I went for a shallow depth of field for most of the footage I shot, and I even used some old footage from a fourth of July event I covered a few months before. I included that footage simply to aid the context of her interview statements. The solar flares and the wildlife shots helped accentuate her statements about Kanab itself, and the rest was a little plug for her store and how she came to live in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment